Dr. Michael Piccione
A Message from Dr. Michael Piccione
“My years in the military gave me an opportunity to not only serve my country, but to develop my skills as an Oral Surgeon on a very diverse number of cases. Throughout my time there I always had a vision of what my first private practice would be: a comfortable, friendly and professional practice where we could change people’s lives for the better.” ~ Dr. Piccione
Meet Dr. Piccione
Born and raised in New York, Dr. Mike Piccione developed a love for life at an early age. He now utilizes this vitality to engage with his patients and care for their oral surgery needs.
After earning his undergraduate degree in Molecular Biology and Biochemistry at SUNY in Purchase, New York; Dr. Piccione attended NYU College of Dentistry. Dr. Piccione graduated from dental school with a DDS degree in 2002 through the Army Health Professions Scholarship Program at NYU. Upon graduation, Dr. Piccione spent three years in Germany as a General Dentist and deployed for three months to Kosovo on a humanitarian mission. Once back in the states, Dr. Piccione completed a four year residency program at Fort Bragg, NC for Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
Dr. Piccione has served as the sole oral surgeon at the United States Military Academy at West Point, NY where he cared for the cadets and staff. In addition, he has served as an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon at Winn Army Community Hospital at Fort Stewart, GA.
- Purchase College, SUNY, BS
- The NYU College of Dentistry, DDS
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Residency at Fort Bragg, North Carolina
Licenses and Associations
- Licensed Dentist in the states of Georgia and New York
- American Dental Association (ADA) Member
- Georgia Dental Association (GDA) Member
- Member of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS), and Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) Certified
- Member of American Dental Society of Anethesiology (ADSA)
- Member of the Georgia Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
Dr. Piccione is a member of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. He enjoys spending time with his wife, Kristin and his three sons.